More Apps Are Available At Launch For Microsoft Surface Than Seen For iOS And Android

Summary: I have been using my Surface for a couple of days and am convinced it is a keeper as it bridges the gap between my phone and a laptop while replacing my laptop for many daily needs. There are over 10,000 apps available right now, which is more than we saw from Apple or Google.

2-3 several weeks ago when the Area went online for pre-order I made the decision it was worth the money to take a look at one and realized I could come back it if I didn't like it. I study the opinions as my own was on the way for distribution and most remaining me considering the components was great, but there were not many applications and all I could really use it for was Office. I am happy to now have it in my arms and see that many of the applications I use on Windows Cellphone, iOS, and Android operating system are indeed available and the components really does rock!

If you remember, Windows Cellphone 7 released with about 1,000 applications and then was the quickest cellular phone OS to hit 10,000 in about four several weeks. The Windows Cellphone Industry grew even larger over the next year and 50 percent when it hit the 100,000 applications level in July 2012. The applications came easily and I believe they will come for Windows RT as well. It allows that designers now have a common primary with Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Cellphone 8 too.

I comprehend there are currently something like 10,000 applications in the Windows Shop for Windows RT and I think that is a very healthy and balanced variety given it just released. You can't evaluate these figures with what is now available for iOS, Android operating system and even Windows Cellphone, but as I had written above when you evaluate the variety available at release then Windows RT victories. Here are the ones that I already have set up on my Surface:

  • Netflix
  • Skype
  • MLS MatchDay (Go Sounders!)
  • Rowi: A Twitter app
  • Cut the Rope
  • Evernote
  • Slacker Radio
  • Wordament
  • YouVersion Bible
  • Lync
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Amazon Kindle
  • Kobo
  • Soccer Coach's clipboard
  • Kayak
  • MetroTwit
  • New York Times
  • Fox News
  • ABC News
The Windows Store is enjoyable to browse with apps found in the following categories. On each category page you will find links to Top Free and New Releases.
  • Spotlight apps
  • Games
  • Social
  • Entertainment
  • Photo
  • Music & Video
  • Sports
  • Books & Reference
  • News & Weather
  • Health & Fitness
  • Food & Dining
  • Lifestyle
  • Shopping
  • Travel
  • Finance
  • Productivity
  • Tools
  • Security
  • Business
  • Education
  • Government
As you can see this is quite a list of categories, but I like when things are organized where I can find them and don't find this breakdown to be a problem. There are free and paid apps and unfortunately it looks like you have to purchase apps on both Windows RT and Windows Phone 8, but it is this way for many apps on iOS as well. Android doesn't have that many tablet apps and on my Nexus 7 I just run the phone apps I already purchased for my smartphones.
What apps are you looking for on a Microsoft Surface?

Share this article :
 
Support :. Copyright © 2015. The Technology Zone - All Rights Reserved
Template Created By Gourav Kashyap Proudly Powered By Blogger